This website is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect personal information from the person under the age of 18.
- Information we Collect
- How we Collect and Use Information
- With Whom do we Share Your Information
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Third Party Links and Policies
- Updating and Accessing Your Information
- How We Protect your PII
- Special Notice to California Residents
- Special Notice to Vermont Residents
- Visiting Our Website from Outside the United States
- No Rights of Third Parties
Information We Collect.
We collect personally identifiable information that can identify you such as your name, e-mail. We also collect information such as demographic data and data about your online activity on our website that does not identify you (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” or “Non-PII”). PII and Non-PII are known together as “Information”. We may also collect and store Information that you provide to us about other people including their name, address, phone number.
How We Collect and Use Information.
i. From You. We collect Information you provide to us: (a) in connection with inquiring about or obtaining our services; and (b) in connection with a job application to our company. The Information we collect from you will vary depending on the product or service requested.
ii. Other Sources. We may obtain Information about you from third parties such as : insurance companies, information about your home and demographic information.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes.
- When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our website, personalize your online experience and record information about your visit. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click on and other actions you take while on our website. The cookies do not store any PII about you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
- Other Technologies. We may use web beacons and other standard Internet technologies to track your use on our websites. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
How We Use Information.
In General. We may use Information to:
- Deliver the products and services you requested;
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- Research and analyze your use of, or interest in, our products, services and content and the products, services and content offered by others;
- Communicate with you via e-mail, postal mail and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Develop and display content and services tailored to your interests on our website and other websites;
- Develop and deliver targeted advertisements;
- Measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as described to you at the time of collection.
Job Applicants. If your PII is submitted when applying for a position with us, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your PII for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions or as required by law.
With Whom do we Share Your Information
Services Providers. We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf, including service providers that perform services on our behalf in connection with your request for insurance companies. These third parties may have access to PII needed to perform their functions.
Other Situations. We also may disclose your information at our sole discretion:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees or others; or to enforce our websites' terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
For certain products and services available through InsuranceQuotesHub.com, we will not share your email address or phone number with the Business Provider with whom you are matched. Where this feature is available for a product or service, it will be noted on the web page for that product or service. Nevertheless these Business Providers will still receive other PII about you and they may retain or use your PII whether or not you use their services and you should contact these directly concerning their privacy and information sharing practices, which may differ from ours.
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in the inability to use certain features of our websites or receive certain products or services. Public forums are not intended for the disclosure of PII. To the extent you provide PII in any public forum, it is at your own risk.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
We may share Non-PII with third parties in our discretion.
Third Party Links and Policies.
Our website contains links to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third parties and their servers may be located in the United States or in other countries. We do not control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and security practices of these third parties. We recommend that you review the privacy and security policies of these third parties to determine how they handle Information they may collect about you.
Updating and Accessing Your Information.
The appropriate method(s) for accessing your Information, if any, will depend on which sites or services you have used. Depending on the respective service, you may have the ability to view or edit some of your Information online
How we Protect your PII.
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your PII from unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition to the restrictions outlined above, we require employees to comply with information security safeguards, we use encryption in the transmission of your PII between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your PII.
No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PII, searches or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their PII.
Special Notice to California Residents.
You have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
1.the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year.
2.the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
3.if the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
Special Notice to Vermont Residents.
We will not share any personal information about you with other Businesses to the extent prohibited by applicable Vermont law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable Vermont law. For purposes of compliance with the Vermont Consumer Protection Act, if you are a resident of the State of Vermont and would like to opt-out from the disclosure of your personal information to any third-party for marketing purposes.
Visiting our Websites From Outside the United States.
No Rights of Third Parties.
Partner Sites Policies
Certain services/products available on InsuranceQuotesHub.com are provided by our partners websites. Using these service indicates that you accept their respective privacy policies.